Monday, October 5, 2009

project central



This 9 weeks at our house has been project central. At Zane's school, in the 5th grade you do 'County Fair Project'. It consists of evry child being assigned a county in Arkansas, then you have 4 projects to work on in 9 weeks:
First, you have to do a poster sized map of your county with major cities, rivers, and landforms, along with a map key and compass rose.-- I must say I've helped my kids on my fair share of their projects BUT Zane did this completely on his own. It was probably obvious to Mrs. Burnside that he did, so I'm hoping that counted for something on his grade!

Second, you have to make a brochure for your county. Telling of things to do. places to visit, information that would make somone want to visit your county- THANK the LORD above, they did that all in computer class, whew!
Next, you have to write or type a 500 word report on your county- complete with title page, outline, & report.

Last, you have to make a tri-fold backboard with pictures, and info about your county. When they have the 'County Fair'-which is this Friday by the way, you stand by your stuff and can dress up like someone from your county. All the kids in the other grades come through and look at the displays. Zane has Stone county so he is wearing overalls and carrying a fiddle. I'm hoping he's allowed to go barefoot. We'll see.

Did I mention that during this time he had a mammal project in Science. He did a good job I thought, but he brought it home and LK found it. This picture is her having fun pulling the poster apart. I am really ready for this project to be over with...REALLY ready!

No comments: