chillin' on the lake
flexing those muscles
loving his Aunt Tracee
at the beach
We have a 15 year old. He is a great kid. He is outgoing, friendly, hard working, he loves the outdoors, and most of the time he loves spending time with his family. I blog a lot about LilaKate because everything she does is a first, but really everything Austin does is still a first, too. David & I are trying to "train up Austin in the way he should go". One might think with him being at a christian school, that would be easy, BUT that's not the case. The kids at our school are exposed to the the same things that other kids are exposed to...drinking, smoking, drugs, & sex. I am lifting my teenage son to God today- asking Him for wisdom, guidance, & strength. Tonight we will probably not be his favorite people because there is a party that we are not letting him go to, but I know God will bless us and Austin for making right choices...we love you Austin!



1 comment:
Oh, how I love your heart, Lisa. Even if Austin doesn't like the decision now, he will someday. I love that you explain "why" instead of using the usual "because we said so" response. When we really talk with our kids and let them see our heart and GOd's heart, I truly believe they will look back someday and be very grateful for their imperfect, yet godly, parents. Be encouraged, my friend. :)
Post a Comment