Monday, August 31, 2009

last day of August


Where did the summer go? Tomorrow is September! ..Yesterday, LilaKate was 14 months old. She has been walking a LOT more the last 2 or 3 days. This weekend was really busy. We had 3 birthday parties to go to, yard work to get done, car shopping to do, and Genesis Weekend at our house Saturday night. I also got a huge slap in the face Saturday...not going into any details but was reminded to only put my trust in Christ, when I look to others for my self worth, I always end up feeling like poo. God has brought me to a place through events in my life that have brought me closer to Him this last year and I'm thankful for that. When I feel like things aren't going my way, I can count my blessings...

I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ!
I have a husband that still loves me after 18 years, and who is truly my best friend.
My children aren't fighting terminal illnesses...they are growing in wisdom, stature, and favor with God and man...
My parents live close by!
My sisters live close by.
We have a home to live in, food to eat, and warm cozy beds to sleep in.
We can pay our bills.
My husband has a job that he loves.
I'm healthy & my TMJ is a little better.
Both mine & David's parents are still married & alive.
I have great in laws.
I have friends who love me, despite my quirks!
I can go to church and worship God freely.
My pastor preaches the Word!
I had a great cup of coffee this morning.
I have a washer, dryer, and dishwasher to make my daily chores easier.
I have air conditioning and heat in my home.
I get to be a stay at home mom!!
I have a computer to communicate easily with the outside world.
so many, many more.... thank you Lord for the blessings you have poured on my life!


No comments: