Monday, October 19, 2009

time to bake

It is a known fact that I don't love to cook. I do however enjoy baking occasionally. The fall weather this weekend got me in the kitchen... I made 2 pumpkin pies. At our house 1 just doesn't last long. The men in my family LOVE pumpkin pie.
It was my turn to take snacks to our small group. I saw this recipe on another blog, Kelly's Korner, and thought I'd try it. You know, there's nothing like making something you've never tried before to take somewhere...I have never make red velvet cake. It is REALLY red. Like blood red, Razorback red....really red
after you bake the cake, you crumble it while it's warm into a large bowl and mix in a can of frosting. I used cream cheese frosting. Then you roll out balls- it's VERY messy.


Then you dip the balls in melted almond bark. They looked terrible, but I'd invested so much time, I sent them with David to church anyway and they were actually a hit. You can use any kind of cake and icing, and you can dip them in chocolate too.
I also made a breakfast casserole for church. I love this stuff because it doesn't have anything green in it. I know some people love that stuff, but I'm a plain jane. I like mine with bread, eggs, sausage, and cheese. It also has some milk and spices too but NO veggies.

No comments: