Monday, September 21, 2009

sick of sickness

Our house has been one sick place lately. And I don't mean that like when Austin says something is 'sick'-that means cool, tight, really awesome...I mean we have been very ILL. Austin had the flu- coughing, congestion, fever, chills, no energy. Zane had a cough and congestion but never ran a fever. I had what Austin had without the chills, David has it now, and LK is runny nosed and coughing, but no fever. This has been going around here for the last 2 weeks. We are ready for Mr. Virus to pack his bags and kindly-- get out!!!! At least we had some sunshine today for most of the day. That does wonders for my mood! I think everyone is on the mend now- thank the Lord.
2 Fridays ago Austin's backpack and athletic bag were stolen from the benches in front of his school. Today, someone from Wal-Mart called the school. They found his backpack behind their building. It'd been ransacked, left open and rained on, but at least we don't have to buy all new books now. The thieves took his $100 calculator that he has to have for Chemistry and Geometry and of course his Under Armour athletic bag and size 14 basketball shoes. Maybe I should check for them on ebay and buy them back! The verse I 1st turned to after this happened was Luke 6:27-31..."But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you." Straight from Jesus's mouth...I need to pray for the person who did this.... Can I pray they get a fungus from Austin's shoes?!

No comments: